Friday, June 23, 2006

We're jitterbuggers.



Hola, munchkins.

I have so much to show you... but, I can't. I'm having some pretty severe technical difficulties here in Cleveland, so - you will have to just wait for the rest of the Memphis pics.

We are having a total blast in Cleveland so far. Yeah, I know. We had some amazing surf&turf, tomato bisque soup & a bottle of superb red wine at the Metropolitan Cafe in the "Warehouse District" (the hotspot-downtown-type area). We just loved it - THANKS ALISA, great recommendation. We were in a pretty goofy mood and giggled through a lot of dinner. I almost choked Shorty with my cleverness - - look out, I'm dangerous.

We stuffed ourselves even goofier and then headed out to the busy street to walk it off a bit, but were quickly distracted by the imagine of three giant flat screen plasmas broadcasting the Twins game from the something-Pig bar. That was such a fun surprise. I forgot that Clemens' big comeback game was to be against the Twins and that would surely bump it to ESPN. We cheered on the boys as they won 4-2. It looked like an amazing outing for the wonderkid, Liriano.

We met a couple of fellas who were perplexed by our out-of-place and vocal Twins fandom (thanks for playing along, Shorty) and ended up hanging out with them for most of the rest of the night until handed off to a bunch of Sherwin-Williams paint salesmen who were in town for a convention. They were dah-runk, friendly, offensive at times, and pretty entertaining. We shut the warehouse district (and the paint sellers) down settled in to our cozy B&B for a few hours of sleep.

The B&B proprietor, Robin, made us eggs and snasage (terrific) and coffee, and loaded us up with maps and directions for the day. We're going first to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame first (I am SO pumped for the Roy Orbison exhibit!), then to Little Italy for lunch, Euclid Ave to stroll the millionaire's (think Rockefellers) homes, to Jacobs Field to the Indians-Reds game, and then to the Tremont area for a late dinner and more vino.

Well hooo-weee, shoot, that all sounds fun.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. Meanest thing I said yesterday: "Ya know, I just hate that theater-dork turned waiter guy. You know those guys - they are everywhere. And I hate them."

1 comment:

Rand said...

My goodness - you sound like you work for the Cleveland Visitors Bureau!

That sounds like one swell place to visit!