Monday, June 19, 2006

That's alright momma

Hola, my little smurfs.

This is just a quick post to say yo - yo! - and let you know we made it to (hot, very hot) Memphis a few hours ago, but are experiencing some technical difficulties at our fancy convention center Marriott. No long post with photos quite yet, sorry.

Real quick - Memphis is EXACTLY how I pictured it. It feels very steeped in American history and culture and great people, passion and soul. It also sort of looks like a music video. We went to the Civil Rights Museum, which is located at the Lorraine Motel where Dr. Rev MLK was shot. It was an amazing experience; moving and intense. We walked out feeling pretty overwhelmed. It was, I feel, the most proper intro to Memphis.

We walked it off and bellied up to the Marriott bar for a couple cocktails and now are going to get ready to hit Beale Street. Tomorrow is Sun Records and GRACELAND! I have my outfit all picked out already.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. Thanks for all of the positive feedback on this travel blog. I am SO glad you are enjoying reading it. I'm having a total blast with it. I feel more connected to what I'm doing and seeing, to you guys, and to also Shorty for some reason. "Sisters in blog" we are.

1 comment:

Rand said...

YO, sistah Nina. Continuing to follow your awesome trip blog - have a great time in Memphis.

Paint your pictures with WORDS, yo!

No need for no fancy cameras. Besides, I'm from the South. I know what it looks like. Let me hear it through your voice!