Monday, June 26, 2006

Photo update: Louisville, KY


Churchill Downs.

Honestly, I was rather unimpressed by the place. But, I don't know the first thing about horse racing or the facilities surrounding horse racing... so maybe it's cool. Apparently, in Louisville, the Kentucky Derby is THE biggest deal, ever. Ever.


This is inside Ann & David's amazing Victorian home they are simultaneously living in and fixing up. They have put a tremendous amount of work in so far (everything: plumbing, electric, gutters, plaster work, fixing water damage, floors, tearing down wallpaper, paining, gutting, yardwork, etc.) and, sadly, have tons more to do. This foyer, the living room, kitchen and one bathroom are finished. The rest is... not.


An original Rodin on the U of Louisville campus.


It's hard to see - - but, it's a giant Louisville Slugger baseball bat. Colonel Sanders is also from Louisville. O, and I think Diane Sawyer.

I know, I'm sorry, I don't care either.



Ann & David's fantastic kitchen.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. It is popular in Kentucky to play this backyard bean-bag-toss game... and it's called Cornhole. Ick.

No comments: