Sunday, June 18, 2006

And... goodnight.



Hola, kittens.

Phew, we did it. Bonnaroo is over. Well, actually, right now Phil Lesh & Friends are still playing (it's stormy and rainy right now - ha, suckas!) but Shorty & I are back in the room, clean and comfy. We are sipping cokes, watching Ali G, and congratulating ourselves for making it through this event/ordeal/festival unscathed and still smiling.

Pictured above is the Atmosphere show. I liked it. I don't know a ton of their stuff, but I liked what I heard and it's always nice to see a local boy done good. It was very fun to see Brian on the drums - he looked and played great.



The Streets.
I thought their set was great. You could see that the crowd was so-so at first, probably not really knowing much Streets music. But as the show went on, the crowd noticeably expanded and was really rocking at the end. Good stuff.

The Streets dude (Mike something) had a liter of Jack Daniels on stage and was frequently taking pulls and then offering it to the people up front. I thought that was hilarious - so many bands at Bonnaroo were making wink wink references to being wasted and partying all weekend... but not this guy. He was just slugging back the bourbon and laughing about it the whole time. Love those crazy Brits.




This, my friends, is called The Silent Disco. You get headphones when you go in, you select your music, and... just dance. You dance by yourself and to music only you can hear. Fantastic.



Today was a pleasant surprise. Not close to the same caliber of music as yesterday, but still good stuff - very chill and fun. Shorty & I sat on a blanket, drank a couple of beers and basically talked through the entire Matisyahu set (easy to do - he was pretty boring). I think that was almost my favorite time of the weekend. The crowds had thinned, the weather was bearable, we were comfortable, clean and riding out the crowd-wide denouement of the closing scenes of the Big Rock Show. Ciao, Bonnaroo.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. Next stop: MEMPHIS ! Momma's coming for you, baby.

P.S.S. If tonight, after the last pretzel and organic wheatgrass-clay-baby-bird smoothie has been vended, there is a fight between Atmosphere and The Streets, my money is totally on The Streets. Sorry, Slug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Work Ladies! You made it...now to Graceland. I'm having so much fun reading the blogs. Miss you.....Jimmy and Doug say, "Happy Father's Day!"

Rand said...

Great posts! Keep 'em coming!

Valayna said...

This is such fantastic stuff and can't wait for all the escapades of Graceland! I seriously envision a lot of women in tears with big hair and innapropriate clothes on.

Christine (CR) said...

o Yimmy. daddy misses you too. and your brother, pissface, too.