Thursday, June 22, 2006

Now, who am I again?

Hola, dolls.

Guess where I am?

Cleveland, Ohio! Really. I am sitting on fluffy white bed, surrounded by shabby-chic B&B decor, wearing a freaking bathrobe, and writing to you from Ohio. Wow.

I feel as if in a bit of a dream sequence at this point. Yesterday morning we were in Memphis - and have since toured Louisville, Kentucky (in a car, albeit, but still saw it all - and by all I mean, not much), read half of a book, driven through a pretty torrential downpour (nice work, Shorty), caught up with an old friend, and learned about Victorian home renovation. I am having a hard time getting my bearings and I have to literally remind myself where I am right now.

It was fantastic to see Ann again. For those of you who may not remember her, Ann was my old boss and the former Registrar of Hamline. She moved down to Louisville with her partner, David, somewhere around 2.5 years ago because he was offered a tenure track position at U of Louisville, which I now know is a lovely campus in the "Old Louisville" area. I've always really liked Ann and was very happy to see her again and see her new life. We were good co-workers and also friends. You can't beat that. I wish she liked it more down there, but sadly, she's not too impressed. I can't say that I blame her.

So, I have some photos to post of Louisville and Ann & David's AMAZING, giant, turn-of-the-century Victorian home that they are fixing up. I also will post some of the promised Graceland and last day in Memphis photos - - but in a minute. I'm going to go shower and run around in some dude's bathrobe for awhile first.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. Best sign of the last couple of days: "Hell Is Real"

No comments: