Monday, September 25, 2006

i was in asia today

I had this dream last night that I was sitting on a rooftop patio, edged with greenery and fruit, looking out upon a giant cake, with six candles stuck into to the frosting... Shorty was there, as was a group of older Brits... the call to prayer was going off, ships were in the harbor beyond the cake, A Girl from Ipanema was playing in the background, fantastic wine was flowing like a severed vein....

o wait. no dream - this is happening. the giant cake is The Blue Mosque, the candles are the minaretes & evertyhing else is really happening. it's nuts. Istanbul is nuts. coming into it, earlier today, I felt almost jaded by travel fatigue. it's nice...but, whatever, I've seen so much. but now.... after a couple of the call to prayers & a few glasses of wine - on this amazing rooftop patio; someone is beginning to be bewitched.

see Shorty's post for a more eloquent post....

ciao, buddies.
-nina
p.s. the way I missed the whole crew before is different now.... I SO, SO badly want you to be here. i want you to see this. i want you to hear this. i mean, i really do miss you... but more so, i wish you could be here. ciao.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to leave a comment but it keeps kicking me out! Hopefully this one will go through or you will have 3 of them from me! Sounds like you are having a fantastic, mystical journey. I can't wait to see you and hear all about it. Just think, Friday evening you will be back in plain Old Minnesota. Did you hear our boys clinched a playoff spot? I love champagne parties!!! I love & miss you very, very much. Love, from the Vickster....

Christine (CR) said...

love you & miss the hell out of you too! no, i cannot believe AT ALL that I'll be back home in just a few days. that doesn't make any sense at all. weird.

Anonymous said...

Wowee. It does sound mystical....I can't wait to see pics of it! Can you buy me an Asian trinket?
Miss you and see you soon! GO TWINS!

Anonymous said...

We are in Dubrovnik looking for our message. Did you remember and do you know who we are?

Christine (CR) said...

ahhh... yes indeed. ya know, we never made it the 'bar in the wall,'where i planned to leave you a message in a bottle. i guess i wasn't smart enough to think of getting you a message another way. sorry. hope you are having a fantastic time!!!