Thursday, September 14, 2006

la vie boheme!

Ah, Prague… how many ways I heart you.

I am sitting in a wifi bar, near the Powder Gate, in Prague, right now. Yes, huh. Am too. Today is our last day in Prague (boo), we head off to Munich tomorrow morning. We’ve had a unbelievably fun time so far on this trip. “The time of my life” is a laughable understatement.

I truly am sad to be leaving Prague tomorrow. After visiting back in college, I fell in love with place & deemed it my favorite place on the earth. I was a little nervous that coming back now, after so much time, tourism & Westernization, it would be a let down. But, no worries, Prague simply cannot disappoint. It is more beautiful than I remembered, more charming, more funky, more full of life… all of it. Everyone loves it.

Nice work, Prague.

Croatia was awesome – really, really gorgeous, cool people, very laid-back attitude, polished white marble architecture & ruins all over the place. The three different places we stayed (Dubrovnik, Hvar & Split) had very different feels to them, which was cool & really added a lot to the trip. Dubrovnik is one of THE most beautiful places in the world, I’m sure, a bit fancier than the other places, more touristy/expensive & such. Hvar was beachy & playful (we rented boats and island hopped!) – very Europeans-on-holiday feeling. Split really came through – it was my favorite of Croatia, which actually really surprises me.

Okay, I stop me now the typing. Sorry, I could go on and on forever, but have to run and meet the crew (the whole crew of 15 of us business is really working out remarkably fantastic, by the way. who knew?) for a little walk over to the old Jewish Quarter.

Sorry no photos – blogger just won’t do it. You’ll just have to take my word for it.

Ciao, buddies.
-NinaP.S. Hi Wendi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm, absinth, destroying a club, singing maneater????? Sounds like a good night!!!!!!!! See mom always finds out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! Minnesota misses you. Give that hot dark haired curly girl (Kit) a beer from me!

Tell Brad to write too.

Andy

Rand said...

Sounds mighty fine, Nina!!!

Thanks for posting!!