Tuesday, October 03, 2006

jive-Turkey


a little shopping, a little Hagia Sofia... not a bad day, buddies.



Our last night, we went to a Whirling Dervish "show"at the big train station. The music was really cool, but I can't say the whirling was my favorite. Walking out, Shorty and I compared our Dervish nicknames.... Sad Dervish, Reluctant Dervish, Jeff Buckley Dervish, Too Young to be a Dervish Dervish.



Now, this here, however, was a favorite. Inside the Hagia Sofia, there are Christian mosaics which had been tiled over when the place went from basilica to mosque. The mosaics are pretty remarkable, as is the entire Hagia Sofia. Yeah, yeah, no shit. I know.


Ahhh... it makes my heart melt a little looking at this right now. This was the view (of the Blue Mosque) from our hotel's rooftop patio, on which Shorty & I spent muchas time and and muy muchas dinero. Yes, it was perfection.
_________________________________________________________________

well, pumpkin pies, momma's home (literally; on the couch, in "my spot") now. i'm struggling a bit with the old post-fantastic-trip blues. it's only a matter of days before I fall back into regular ol' life, I know this to be true, but it's a goofy time right now. bear with me, buddies.

ciao, buddies.
-nina

4 comments:

Rand said...

Welcome back to the land of the TWINS, Nina.

At least until they lose.

Christine (CR) said...

thanks! although it is not looking so good right now, I have to say - coming back to this crazy baseball fun has helped me adjust back to my regular old life... and be excited about it. funny.

Jason said...

I for one am very happy to have you back stateside - safe and sound in (as Bob Dylan sang) the "land of Coca-Cola".

Welcome back! I demand a slide show.

Christine (CR) said...

THANKS, Jay. I would be happier to be back if we were sitting and having a beer togehter right now.