Tuesday, September 19, 2006

slow roll shit show big pants juicy squeeze yes yes power through good morning

ciao!

ROMA = yay. i am completely digging rome. although i have never seen more insane traffic (i am shocked that there arent mass casualties from scooter v. car v. pedistrian incidents) in my life, it is amazing & gorgeous. last night, after we checked into our super cool apartment in the piazza novano, shorty took me around the area- piazza navona & the pantheon. i cried when i saw the pantheon. i just love it when the real big dogs of art/architecture really deliver, and it did. every little street we turn down is more lovely and alive than the last -- and the architecture is just kicking my ass. i love it.

i forgot how much i love italy until being here about 4 minutes. what a difference, going from germany to italy. wow. at first i missed the german efficiencey and tidiness, but no more. the italian way is much more for me. if i was unsure of that before, now i know.

today we went to the vatican area & san pietro, the spanish steps, and then did some shopping and lunching, which is really my favorite part of italy. tonight we will check out the "best pizzaria" in roma, which is conveniently located outside our apartment door, and then hang out aournd the square, i am sure. tomorrow is the colloseam, roman forum, more shopping & lunching in an off the beaten path type area called Mondi. tomorrow night - fancy dinner, and then that is it. i am horribly sad already at the thought of leaving... although, knowing the streets of Paris are in my immediate future helps.

to all of my travel buddies - - holy crap do I miss you guys. i keep getting random images fromt he last two weeks in my head & have to watch it to not bust out laughing. or crying. i miss the shit show but, have to admit, it was pretty kickass to get wake up rested and sober today. mostly, i wish you guys could be here. man, would we have a blast in roma together.

ciao, buddies.
-nina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nina - Vickster here!! Sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! Wish I were there with you. Someday, right? I'm so happy you are having a wonderful time. I am going to check out Shorty's blog too, since I get to see pictures of you there!!! I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

love the headline. it's pretty much our trip all rolled into one statement. good job. i miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys:)
I'm so sad it is all over...this was by FAR the best trip of my life!! I can't get slow roll, shit show, big pants, juicy squeeze, narly on the walls, bred tolken, pussy cat dolls, hey baby, and sexy back out of my head. Miss you and keep powering through. mmpv. p.s. Brad and Tech are working on a website/dvd...we may need some pics before you get back. I'll keep you posted. pps. Olly misses you!