Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What have I been doing all day, anyway?



Laundry. Lots and lots of laundry.

Having every known item of clothing clean is essential when pre/practice packing for an entire month abroad. I'm still perplexed as to how I'll pack... totally casual all the time? Mostly casual with some shiny shirts for nights out? Full-out fashionista? Or, perhaps as Rick Steves suggests, in reversable pants & waterproof "blouses."



Each day, I attempt a greek omelette, but fail. It is miserably sad. Each day I eat scrambled greek eggs. I need an omelette sensei.




I've been hanging out with the yoga ball a lot. Sometimes I actually get on it & try to do things. Just kidding, I'm getting pretty good at 1) sitting on it & working arms with 3lb weights, 2) sitting on it and watching Baseball Tonight & America's Funniest Home Videos, and 3) catapulting across the room when trying the sit ups or push ups while balanced on the thing.




I've also been bringing in some extra cash by setting up an underground cat-fighting ring in the neighborhood. I know it's illegal - whatever, talk to me when you pay for every song you download, fool.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina
P.S. Actually, the majority of my time is spent on frommers, lonely planet, skyeurope, itunes & such. Girl's got some reservation confirmation & cross-referencing to do.
Did you know you can download podcasts of everything from language lessons to subway maps and walking tours of the Louvre ?

4 comments:

lp said...

Girl's gotta tone those abs for the beach! God bless the yoga ball...

Anonymous said...

You craack me up.
former coworker

Valayna said...

#1 yes, PODCASTS rock. Thank you to Drew B. for introducing us to them. (Bombard not Bledsoe)
#2. another good travel website that you should check out is:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/
#3. I am no longer able to concentrate on anything but the trip. I'm to the point of anxiety and need to get out of here!

Rand said...

Yoga ball!