Friday, August 25, 2006

Pinch me. Harder.

It just occurred to me that I don't ever post a new entry without a photo, or photos, to go along with it. It's as if I what I want to communicate is not valid (or not interesting? understandable?) without a visual aid of some sort. So now, in the interest of breaking bad habits, I give you a word-only post.

The glorious and wildly extravagant European Tour 2006 is fewer than ten days away and, well, what do I say... no, I can't believe it; yes, I'm so excited and thrilled I could shit myself; yes, I am more than a little freaked out; yes, it is the best thing ever that all of my bffs will be there; yes, I know it will change my life forever. This trip will change my life forever.

For the uninformed - behold - the itinerary:

2 days in Dubrovnik, Croatia
3 days on the island of Hvar, Croatia
1-2 days in Split, Croatia
3 days in Prague
3 days in Munich (in time to kickoff Oktoberfest)
3 days in Rome
3 days in Paris
3 days in Istanbul
1 (fancy) night in London

I know it, kids. I know. It oftentimes makes me feel like crying a wee bit. Stay tuned for more details via The Cabaret. Please don't think me a braggart or a rubber-inner, but this trip is all I can think about. And it's fun to share.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

P.S. The White Sox just brought in David Riske in the 6th inning & Torii Hunter just hit a 3-run bomb off of him on the first pitch thrown. Twins up 4-3.

P.S.S. Sadly, "WhinyBitch" Pierzynski just came in and hit a first-pitch homer about as quickly as I was able to type the sentence you just read. 4-4 in the 6th.

4 comments:

Rand said...

Keep it up, Nina! I love your posts, with or sans pictures. And, interestingly enough, All the King's Men is one of my favorite books of all time. When you are done we can discuss!!!

Christine (CR) said...

Right on, LHR. I am truly loving All the King's Men. I've never read anything quite like it.

If you are wondering how it all ended - - Twins won 5-4. Woo.

Unknown said...

I am SO excited to meet up with you and Shorty in Rome! (even if it's just for one day). You should be this excited. I think you guys are going to have a life-changing experience.

ps. I was AT that game you were watching. Front row. You need to check out my pictures on my blog. I was feet away from the fan interference. People were going crazy in the crowds.

Christine (CR) said...

I have the sneaking suspicion we will have our way with Rome that night. I am SO glad you are meeting up with us - that's just too fun.

I am SO unbelievably jealous of you for those ballgame seats. wow. I was wondering how those south-siders handled that fan interference crap. they aren't known to be the most forgiving crowd.