Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"What if just kick it?"

Hola, muchachos. I'm afraid this post is going to be a lot like how I feel my thought pattern (and my thesis-writing) is these days... all over the place and most likely totally boring. Sorry, I'm a little frazzled-feeling right now. Anyhoo...

  • The Current "Fakebook" event on Friday night at the Fitz was awesome. Chuck Klosterman, Mary Lucia, Tapes-n-Tapes, buddies & birthdays... all in one night! Good, good stuff, all around. If you have yet to discover the brilliance (in different ways) of either Mr. Klosterman or T-n-T, run right out and make some purchases. T-n-T have once disc, so - simple, just buy it. Klosterman has a few books to choose from; I'd start with Sex, Drugs & Cocoa Puffs & and then move on to Klosterman IV.
  • On Saturday morning I had class, which was awesome, and then went to my cousin's wedding in Forest Lake, which was weird. It was fun and a perfectly nice wedding, but odd, for a few reasons- none of which I really feel comfortable discussing here and now. Sorry, that was rude of me to even mention it. Don't you hate it when people do that? Buddies, next time we're out, over beers or something, we can chat about it if you are curious.
  • The drive home Forest Lake was horrific. 2+ hours and horrific. And then Sunday was just a bust - shoveling, resting, trying to drive, shoveling some more and then... that's it, I then sat on the couch and watched Babel, read a bit, did a crossword or three, watched the Academy Awards and then went to bed. Shoveling sucks.
  • I thought the Oscars were mostly a snooze. Ellen was adorable and all Ellen-y, but the show was just... meh. I did very much enjoy the constant mental image I had of the christian coalition types choking back bile and the FoxNews "news" casters' heads spinning around as the show got greener, Gorer, and gayer. What a hoot! O, and it is official - Cate Blanchett is the hottest hottie in town. I thought that dress, and she, was perfection. Crush, crush.
  • This is cool St. Paul news. Not new news, but cool news.
and...

SPRING TRAINING IS STARTING!


(this picture really makes me want to learn Photoshop).


and...

this is a cool photo:

I completely forgot the story behind this (even though I read the entire thing no more than ten days ago) but I think it's actually real, having happened somewhere in... uh, Maine or Sweden.

See? Frazzled, I say.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

P.S. I really like Forest Whitaker. I have yet to see The Last King of Scotland, which looks amazing, but I think Forest seems like a real class act. And it seems as though people truly like and have a tremendous amount of respect for the dude. It's fun to see him as the man of the hour.

No comments: