Thursday, February 15, 2007

Remember, it never hurts to ask.

I've been a bad, bad blogger. I'm sorry. My excuse: I haven't felt like it. When I'm at work, I'm on the computer 98% of the time and when I'm at home, I'm on the laptop (thesis-writing, working, reading crackpot LOST theories) nearly as much. I just don't seem to get to the blog. I'll try to be better.

So, they announced the initial line up for Bonnaroo 2007. (Remember Bonnaroo, loyal readers? June 2006 Archives, if not.) As much as I sort of hated it, even more so, I totally loved it. And - you couldn't have convinced me then that I would ever say this now - I want to go. Let's do it. Who's in? (Shorts... where you at grrl?)

The line up (so far, they will surely announce a few more) is quite kick ass:

The Police, Tool, Widespread Panic, The White Stripes, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Manu Chao, The String Cheese , Franz Ferdinand, Bob Weir & Ratdog, Damien Rice, Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers, The Decemberists, Kings of Leon, Michael Franti & Spearhead, ReginaSpektor, Galactic, The Black Keys, DJ Shadow, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Spoon, Keller Williams (WMD's, Sasha & John Digweed, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Hold Steady, North Mississippi Allstars, Fountains Of Wayne, Hot Tuna, Feist, Hot Chip, Lily Allen, John Butler Trio, Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys, Aesop Rock, The Richard Thompson Band, Dierks Bentley, Xavier Rudd, Gogol Bordelo, Junior Brown, Tortoise, T-Bone Burnett, Mavis Staples, Clutch, Cold War Kids, Dr. Dog, Paolo Nutini, Brazilian Girls, RX Bandits, The Nightwatchman, The Slip, Girl Talk

(The bolding is mine: the artists who are really selling this for me & those I don't want to kick myself for missing.)

Girl Hog and I have already sealed the deal with a high-five. You know how official that is.

So... as I said, who's in?

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!














I hope you got everything you ever wanted.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy and I have a wedding (to attend) in Memphis the following weekend (the 23rd). Maybe we could do Bonaroo, visit my parents in AR and head to Memphis. I'll discuss with him. I'm sure he'd be down if we stopped by a Wal*Mart at some point.
Tawny

Jason said...

Give Hot Chip some love!

Anonymous said...

I got an email with that lineup too and almost fell off my chair ... I would also bold North Mississippi Allstars.

Can one take a train from NYC to Tennessee?

--Yellow (old school, huh?)

Christine (CR) said...

Holy balls - YELLOW! o, that cracks me up.

lp said...

It's tempting, Nina. Verrrry tempting. If the Bob Dylan rumor proves to be true, I might be able to do some arm twisting...