Saturday, January 13, 2007

Huh

I used to have this recurring dream, before it was replaced with my current something-ain't-right dream (typically a WWII style war scene with bombs falling out of the sky and people running everywhere- but in the here & now. I know, yikes.) in which the brakes go out on the car and I then race down a steep hill, a mountain, or even a skyscraper. There's never anything to do to stop it.

I used to wake up from those dreams feeling so... off. This dull, but persistent, feeling of unease would follow me around for days after one of those dreams.

I haven't had that same feeling for years - probably ten - until this last week, listening to our President give that "surge" speech, I felt the exact same anxious dread spread over my heart and brain until I had to just turn the channel.

Something ain't right.

No comments: