Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Et tu, buddies?

Like Paul Newman, Kerouac, the Rat Pack .... Ancient Rome is still cool.

Couple the inherent fascination and gangsta-coolness of Ancient Rome with HBO's unparalleled excellence in production, envelope-pushing and writing; and you have on your hands - - one badass show.















I LOVE IT. Welcome back, Rome.

It does not hurt that half the cast is naked, often.

P to the L to the US...













This, my friends, is Marc Antony. Who also seemingly prefers to be naked. Often.

Come on.

Wouldn't you love, just one time, at work (like Marc Antony), to say this:

"We shall mourn the man and burn the tyrant. And then, I shall serve out the rest of my term as council and then retire, quietly, to the provinces, where I will plow my fields and fuck my slaves. "

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

No comments: