Thursday, January 04, 2007

Burgers are for hangovers.

As promised, here are more photographical representations of the mysterious, pre-Cabaret, your-life-and-mine-is-on-display-and-you-can't-stop-me, first half of 2006.



The Stryker Three make a rare public appearance together. Typically, we try not to go out all together, ya know, for the cats... in case something happens.


Saint Patrick's Day was really fun last year. Man, that seems like twenty years ago. It was gorgeous outside, warm and sunny even. We hit the St. Paul circuit & then ended up over in Minneapolis - at The Independent, of all places. Goofy. The details are fuzzy, but I do recall that I lost my special green scarf and by the end of the evening, I was wearing a helmet. Sounds like slang for something, but really - I just had a helmet on.



CHAMPAGNE SUMMER !

The inaugural kick-off to summer event in 2006 was "champagne summer," and, in case you don't recollect (even if you were there), we drank A LOT of champagne. All the champagne in the world, actually. On a 98 degree day. And when all the champagne in the world was gone, we all pin-balled ourselves down the street to the Brown Derby. Oh, good times.


How about the 2007 Stoned Olympics ?


Mel's Cabin 2006 was, as usual, fucking awesome. Man, we love that place, don't we? This year was my TENTH summer going there... unreal. Gosh, I guess that means I've been going there since I was 14. Love it.

Lookey-lou... more field trip to DC pics:



It's the Jefferson Monument - can't you tell? I think this was at the final, of hundreds, maybe thousands, of monuments we visited that day. The boys rested their barking dogs inside while the girls sat outside and administered some minor surgery, patching up heel blisters and bloody toes.


Girl Hog goes to Washington.


Nice little disturbing surprise Easter parade. You should have seen what they had done to the poor bunny. Really quite disgusting.

This was our dim sum experiment gone awry. It was all probably good, whatever it was, but NOT hangover food. Blech.


I think we're all trying to show off for Ben... none of us can even read.


I just love this fucking picture.

Apropos of nothing, this whole Keith Ellison swearing-in business is my favorite news story right now. I just giggled right out loud when I heard he was using a Koran of Thomas Jefferson's in the ceremonial swearing-in. Dude's got a pair.

And this Virgil Goode fool is an idiot. He's using this stupid shit to "strengthen" his case that we need to better control immigration to keep the scary Muslims out of our (white, Protestant) government. Hey, dipshit, Keith Ellison was born in Detroit.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina


No comments: