Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Excuse me, Mr. Gore... May I ask you a question?

Midnight. Mid-term election -- 2006. Momma is nothing short of giddy.

I've teared up at least fifteen times tonight. It's not 100% dream-come-true, but it is... um, to me at least, 95% ROCK AND ROLL. The house has gone strong to the Dems. The Senate is still up for grabs & very well may not "go" Blue... but really, for all intents and purposes, insofar as sending a message, is as blue as are my eyeballs. There is a better way, my friends. There is a better way, and we, as a country and as voters, are demanding it.

Congrats to some HUGE winners --

Amy Klobochar: nice work on a clean, smart campaign; a strong win earned on pure merit, ability & brains. Woot! First elected female Senator from Minnesota.



Congrats to Nancy Pelosi: first female Speaker of the House.

Congrats to giant sort-of-surprise wins in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Montana, and, God-willing, Virginia (especially Pennsylvania). Thank you!

Congrats Dems to winning a majority of the Governorships.

Congrats to Lori Swanson, first female Attorney General of Minnesota.

Congrats to South Dakota, for saying NO to the abortion ban.

Congrats to everyone who cares for impressive voter turnout.

Congrats to Jack Abramhoff, Tom De Lay, Mark Foley, Bob Ney, & Duke Cunningham for making it impossible to defend you, and for bringing other guilty parties down with you.

Congrats LADIES, ladies, ladies. Methinks, tonight, feminists are raising their whiskies high...

And, easily, most of all, from the bottom of our hearts... congrats to the majority of this country for growing yer balls back! Maybe it's not a 100% landslide, but C'MON, can the message be any more clear....



We are NOT picking up what you are throwing down, Mr. President.

Even people in Tennessee and Nebraska are passing a judgment upon you; your lack of humanity, your lack of humility, your hubris, and your disgusting war. I cannot wait to hear what you have to say for yourself tomorrow.

Congrats & Thank You, American Voters, for being... well, KICKASS and MY NEW HEROES.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

P.S. Not to rain on my own parade, but... I won't lie (remember, I'm not a Republican), I am totally disappointed in the MN 6th District for electing Michelle "Cupcake," "Jesus-told-me-to,""Batshitcrazy" Bachmann. I will never set foot in St. Cloud again. However -- and mark my words -- she will prove herself to as batshitcrazy as she truly is, and before too long. That gives me some joy. Not "we just took the House" kind of joy (which involves dancing), but joy, nonetheless.

P.S.S. Again, I won't lie (remember, I'm not a Republican) -- I am completely freaked out that Smirky-Pawlenty just may pull this one out. I am disappointed by this. I want to see how it ends, but will probably have to wait until the morning (it's not like Mike Hatch would just give up, so I think it will be a late night)... it is sadly close right now. I will go to sleep dreaming of instant-run-off-voting... & cursing Peter Hutchinson.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you say. YEAH! Except cursing Peter Hutchinson. He's a better man than Hatch by light years. I'm sorry Pawlenty won, but believe Hatch lost own his own merits - or lack of.

Christine (CR) said...

Yeah, I know it - and I don't really curse Hutchinson. It's just frustrating when things are so, so close & you can see how it could have been... if things were different.

lp said...

"Republican WHORE"!!!

Not you, Nina. Or anyone who posts here. People who don't know you or love you aren't as willing to forgive you, Mr. Hatch, for the stupid things you (allegedly) say in a fit of anger.

What a douchbag. ; )

Christine (CR) said...

HEY... don't call me a Republican!

: )

Anonymous said...

That was a fun blog entry to read :) Nice work..keep on writing my future famous writer!

Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy this...
http://www.startribune.com/389/story/807618.html

Andy