Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What A Super Day.

Mother's Day was a blast this year. I was afraid it would be very sad, as it's right around the one-year anniversary of Nanny's death. Of course we gave our shout outs (and poured some out for Biggie), but the general mood was of total merriment and, apparently, starvation.

I arrived at The Vickster's and Wendi's ("casa caliente," by the way. hee) around 1:00 and we started the day with cosmos (cosmo makings and a shaker: The Vickster's Mother's Day present), and moved on to the the vino and champagne and the holy feast.

We grilled the crap out of mother's day. Check it out:

Grilled steak, shrimp, crab legs, asparagus and mushrooms. All healthy & fantastic. Mwah!

Then The Vickster and I headed downtown to the Twins-Tigers game, which, surprisingly enough, was a total blast. (If you have been following the Twinks the last month, you know why it's surprising to go to a fun game.) I think I might be good luck though - - I've been to two games and they were probably the two best games of the year so far.


Hubert's before the game. NOTE: Do NOT order a cosmo at Hubert's. That fact may seem obvious, but, whatever - it was the theme for the day. It was so strong, it was actually undrinkable.

The game was great. The Twins won 16-4. The hits just kept coming to the point it almost became old. So, I decided to play around with my camera and try to capture some cool action shots, which is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. Timing it right was a challenge and I only got a couple of good ones.

CrazyArms Neshak with his side-winder action. I had to snap the picture before his glove got to his chin in the windup. I really dig this guy. He's one of the only Twins bullpen guys I completely trust these days.


Louis Rodriguez hamming it up. The pitch was nowhere near him; a strike even. I like this shot though.

YAY.


And then the Summit people attacked, in their hovering space travel device, and squished poor CrazyArms. It was weird.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

No comments: