Thursday, May 31, 2007

Salmon and the City

I'm such a bad, bad blogger these days. I'm sorry, duckies.

I would love nothing more than to show you a delicious menu of fun in the sun photos from my NYC trip last weekend, but - boo - I left my camera on a rooftop in Brooklyn. Sad, and strange, but true. Hopefully, it's en route back to momma, and soon I should have some photos from Mel's camera as well.

We had a totally kickass trip: some sightseeing, some shopping, some hanging out with buddies, some art, some literary and live music action and even a little bit of burlesque. But really, it was all about the food and the drink. I'm sure, between Mel and I, we drank ten bottles of chardonnay and ate twenty pounds of seafood. Fluke ceviche, seared salmon in a wasabi/sweet pea sauce, tandoori shrimp, sushi, paper thin salmon, wild striped bass, more sushi, shrimp pad thai... oh and even a little lamb and beef, for good measure.

It all flew by very quickly, as has this short week home. I've barely had time to experience my mandatory few days of post-vacation blues. Fun weekend plans help as well. Speaking of:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDI !!

HAPPY MOVING TO ARKANSAS, KIT!! Wait, what?

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S. Sorry about the title. I know the proliferation of "whatever and the city" references are annoying... it's just that it's a tiny bit irrestistable when talking about NYC. 80% of the time, walking around any given 'hood in NYC, I'm singing the "doot do doot" from the S&TC intro. Or "start spreading the news..." Or "love in an elevator..." which is actually kind of inexplicable.

No comments: