Sunday, March 18, 2007

VIP St. Patrick's Day

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY, yo.

I thought it would be really weird and sad, not going out for St. Patrick's Day. But, it wasn't- at all. I got a lot of writing done, saved money and, best, am fully functional and not hungover today. Love it.

I did do something super fun though - and unexpected. Mel came over to my cat-sit pad in Bloomington/Edina (cat update: he's cool. apparently the poor sucker was constipated. a little kitty-laxative & he's a-ok) and we went to have a bite at Crave, new in the Galleria. Just into a glass of wine and the (decent) sushi starter we had ordered, one of Mel's former LCB students came out of the kitchen and very proudly introduced himself as the sous chef. He, Dusty, then proceeded to send plate after plate of complimentary apps and entrees our way. O, and dessert too. We felt very VIP and very, very full.

Speaking of restaurant VIPs, did anyone see Andrew Zimmern on The Tonight Show the other night? I've been watching his travel channel show, which is pretty fun (although, he's no Anthony Bourdain. but, I suppose comparing those two are like comparing apples and puppies), and have been a longtime fan of his MSP mag stuff. Anyway, I'd say he's on the verge of really hitting it big time, which is always fun to see for a local guy. His blog is fun too.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

P.S. Woops, forgot to say Happy St. Urho's Day to all of my people.

No comments: