Wednesday, June 04, 2008

L.A. is O.K.


o, what a lovely long weekend in LA we had. after 6 years of her living there, we finally got our asses on a plane to visit beautiful Tatum. it was nothing but fun: great food, great lady friends, perfect weather, beautiful vistas + art at the getty, fab dining/drinking scene within blocks of Tatum's place, scary scientologists... yup, awesome!



girl hog and I had a nice afternoon at Venice beach despite horrendous hangovers and badass blisters.


at Moonshadows restaurant and bar in malibu. apparently, this is the place Mel Gibson was drinking at the night he brought sugartits to the public lexicon. also supposed to be a favorite hangout for Brit-Brit.


clearly:

we didn't see any celebrities, which was disappointing for me. I was just sure I'd spot someone - - and believe me, I was looking. I almost crashed several times from trying to subtly scan faces and walk at the same time. what I planned to do a celebrity once I found one, I have no idea.

just blocks from Tatum's place. nice little snapshot view, huh? it was great to see Tatum still gaze upon the sign with a hint of awe.


outside Tatum's great little artist's quarter style apartment. we really loved her place; it's unique and funky and in a very friendly and comfy little complex. we also loved her two goofy cats, Mama and Monkey (aka Mookie, Brando, Brandy, Buster, Tinyhead, Monsterhead, Wookie, etc)

saturday night Beirut show at the Wiltern. AWESOME, awesome show in a perfectly art deco theater. lovely.

ciao, buddies!
-nina

No comments: