Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Feliz Navidad, mis amigos.

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating Baby Jesus' b-day. I had a super Christmas, hanging with the Vickster and running around like an idiot. I'm cat-sitting for two different households right now, one of which has an extremely old, frail cat (Rita) who is sick and refusing to eat or... move, really. I feel so unbelievable stressed out about this cat, I'm almost embarrassed. Honestly, for days, I've been preparing myself to come home, or get out of bed, and find a dead cat. Sigh.

Ok, enough of that, it's stressing me out just thinking about it. Back to my super Christmas. It was really different this year, the first without my great-granny. Quiet. And more than a little sad. The Vickster and I had a really nice time though. We ate tons of food, drank wine & champagne and opened presents... just like always, only different.

Every year, Nanny would act very surprised that she had so many presents under the tree. Even though it really was the same thing every year, she never ceased to show (I think legitimate) surprise and to say "you guys, you did too much." And she was right, we always did too much. All she truly ever wanted was her Tabu perfume and a box of Turtles. Yet we always showered her with sparkely blouses, nightgowns, bejewelled boxes that would just clutter up her room, singing Dean Martin dolls... you get my drift. I love how the joy of christmas gifts is often more for the giver than the receiver. Whether to follow traditions, show off, or whole-heartedly attempt to show someone how much you love and appreciate them... whatever the motivation, it's fun.

Not that I didn't love all my presents - thanks, mom! My favorite, because I'm a big fat dork, is my new Lost board game! I can't wait to get home from all this catsitting and play the thing. Lookout roommates of Stryker.... it's on. I call Sawyer.

I do have plans to do some of that end-of-the-year recap, best of, type stuff. I LOVE that shit.

Ciao, buddies.
-Nina

P.S.



















Meow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Cat sitting! Feliz Navidad, ninja. I'm happy to hear that you and mom had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Nina!q