Friday, September 05, 2008

at first I was confused, now I'm petrified...

okay, here's the deal... this Sarah Palin shit has me more fired up than I've felt for a while now and, you know what, that is really saying something because I've been pretty obsessed with this whole thing since the beginning of primary season. I cannot stand, nor can I understand, how anyone is falling for this transparent, pandering pile.

not only was that "great" speech one of the more smug, sarcastic, condescending, ear-splitting,hypocritical, full-o-shit things I've listened to since that time I accidentally turned on Fox News, but it was FULL of lies. straight up, big fat lies that were nothing short of laughable.

for example... does anyone really think that if she would have sold that private plane on e-bay that we wouldn't have heard about it when it happened? please. that's just the folksy crap the press would have been all over. fuck it, Perez would have blogged it and KARE11 would have Extra'd it.

the truth is that she did indeed list the plane(okay, definitely ballsy and a little funny), but did not sell it on e-bay. she listed it three times and it didn't sell. she finally sold it, AT A LOSS, thru a broker.

that's just one example and, I know, I know a rather silly one. however, it makes my point about how this crap is SCARY. it scares me because people seem to be eating it up. it's cheeseball and it's bullshit.

other bullshit:


she also lied about Obama raising taxes.

she also lied about Obama not authoring one "single major law or reform" and not reaching across the aisle (or whatever she said while she was mocking democrats, state legislators and community organizers). from the AP (you know, that notoriously elite, left-wing media outlet):

PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform _ not even in the state senate."

THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.



gross.


I guess I just keep thinking... well, besides that she is a hypocritical, lying, creationist who thinks the war in Iraq is a mission from god. I just keep thinking... who the fuck does she think she is? she wants to attack Obama for having nothing more than big speeches and hopeful rhetoric? seriously? and she has... uh, a big speech and negative rhetoric? she was hand picked for purely political purposes and to energize the sketchy base neo-con support for McCain. fine, I understand the evangelicals are going to embrace and lurve her... but what about everyone else? well, that's what's worrying me.

I guess they way they are hiding her away (probably programming her on foreign policy 24/7, so she can stand a chance against Biden) and insulating her from the big, mean bullies in the press is pretty telling. right? I should find hope in that - - and in that will most likely backfire on them. right?

okay, I'll settle down. there's a lot of time left-- a lot of time for the buzz to die down and the dust to settle and people to start asking legitimate questions about her record and her lies (keep reminding people that she took that 'bridge to nowhere money and she kept it), which just has to come back and haunt her.

right?

ciao, buddies.
-Nina.

o, and, seriously, what is the deal with attacking the community organizers? I didn't even know that was a thing. oh, pew, I've always hated those habitat for humanity ass holes. and those church groups who feed starving people? and those M.A.D.D bitches? single-handedly responsible for the housing crisis. I've always wanted to say that.

No comments: